Become an ECD Practitioner Enrollment in progress
Our ECD qualifications are designed to provide access to higher psychomotor skills qualifications for new entrants into the industry and experienced yet not qualified ECD Practitioners.
The purpose of this qualification:
- 1. To Develop ECD practitioners (e.g. home-based, centre- and school-based practitioners , family and community ECD motivators, fieldworkers, facilitators, trainers and managers) to provide appropriate education, training and development services in the ECD sub-field.
- 2. Enable ECD practitioners to use their knowledge of child growth and development from birth to six years and relevant national policies to guide their professional practice in the ECD sub-field.
Career OptionsWhat will I be qualified as once I’ve completed this course?
- Early Childhood Development (ECD) Practitioner
- Reception Year Practitioner
- Trainer at private companies (ECD)
- Manage an Early Childhood Development site
- Mentor Levels 1 and 4 in-service practical training
- Training Level 1 students for a non-governmental training provider
- Teach a Grade 0 class
- Manage and be an educator to a play group
- Take care of children as an Au Pair
- Educate children at an Early Childhood Development site
- Early Childhood Development/Day Care Centres
- Play groups
- Private sector
- Schools that offer Grade R education
- ECD community
- ECD sites
For more information about the course please download the course outline by click on the link below.